January 07, 2012

Publix/Kroger Trip 1/7/12

It's only been, oh, about 3 months since I blogged last… So I thought I would come back with a BANG! or a BAM! or a GOOD GOD I LOVE SAVING MONEY WITH COUPONS!

Today was a pretty awesome couponing day. I went to Kroger & Publix.  

Kroger had the Tide detergent that we use. Regularly $8, on sale for $5.99 plus it was part of their Mega Event, so if you bought 4 participating items you get $4 off instantly, which made them $4.99 each PLUS there was a $2 coupon which made each one $2.99!! I checked the Tide prices at WalMart and the 100 oz one was $12.  I got 300 oz for $18! BAM!  Plus, Dustin's body wash was $0.49 and free shave gel. Also, if you bought 3 things of gerber juice (which we buy regularly anyway) then a $1 off catalina coupon printed out. So I have $1 towards my next purchase at Kroger!

Then at Publix, Sundown vitamins and Poise panty liners (which Clover called "Pandora's") were great money makers!  (I will donate the items we won't use)

Today's totals:
Total before coupons: $178.81
Total spent (including tax) $47.29
Savings $131.52


Kroger Trip:
(Dustin was with me, so he threw in some chips!)
Before coupons: $107
Total Spent (including tax): $38.88
Saved $68.12


Publix Trip:
Before coupons: $71.81
Total Spent (including tax) $8.41
Saved $63.40

And just to give you an idea of how much money I MADE - My total after coupons was $8.41 - the ham alone was $9.50. I also paid full price for the hoagie rolls and chips and the bread was B1G1 for $1.42

(PS I totally want to say BAM! again)


No comments:

Post a Comment