September 04, 2011

Publix & Kroger 9/4/11

Just a quick little note about couponing: 
1. Our shelves are not stocked with 500 bottles of mustard. That would be dumb.
2. When things go on sale and I have coupons, if it's something we use, I will stock up. For example, ketchup was $0.33 the other day, so I bought 4.
3. I do the shopping for myself, my husband, my Mom and my two kids.
4. If something is free (for example, BBQ sauce today) I will use all of the coupons I have (5) and buy the items, and then give away the ones we won't use.
5. I go to Publix once a week, and Riteaid or CVS about twice a month.6. I check the Southern Savers website more than Facebook or my email. She is the coupon QUEEN!
7. I spend about 2 hours TOTAL a week couponing, and that's only because I enjoy it! :)
8. (and most importantly) I'm going to start posting pictures on my blog of my savings specifically to HELP other people save too! PLEASE ask me questions!


Publix trip today:
Retails $80.42
Paid $38.12
Saved $42.30
In regards to the deodorantL - no, we did not need it. BUT, I made $0.57 on each, which helped me get the $7.89 clinical deodorant for $2.38 (and the rest free!)  My husband uses the regular degree, and my brother uses the clinical!

Kroger trip today:
Retails: $19.88
Paid: $5.68
Saved: $14.20

No comments:

Post a Comment