August 25, 2011

My sweet 5 month old


When I was pregnant with Miles, I had several people tell me that he would probably end up being a “Momma’s boy” and that there was something so special about a mother’s bond with her son.  I’ll be honest, I didn’t believe it.  It wasn’t that I didn’t believe that I would bond with my son, I just couldn’t imagine it.

It’s true.  There is something incredible about having a son.  Maybe it’s his sweet demeanor, or how patient he is (as a second child), or how he gets the biggest, most amazing smile when he sees me.  Either way, he has my heart.






Miles Jonathon is five months old today.   He can roll over from back to front, hold himself up high and has great physical strength.  He loves his big sister; they already have such a special bond.  When Miles is crying, Clover will say (without thinking or stopping what she’s doing), “Don’t worry little man, I’m right here!” “Oh, buddy, don’t cry!” “I’m coming Mr. Man!” She’ll sing to him, and loves to smother him give him kisses.  They smile and laugh at each other.  They also cry when each other cries.  She loves to show him off, and is already so protective. 


















I really didn’t think I could be happier than I was before I had Miles, but as cliché as I sound, 5 months ago today, my heart doubled in size. 















No comments:

Post a Comment